cushydoos are delighted to announce the shortlist of finalists for the 6th annual cHeRries Awards.
The prestigious event celebrates excellence in HR, recruitment and training across the north-east of Scotland.
Open to individuals, teams and organisations, the awards are organised by Aberdeen-based event management team, cushydoos, with title sponsor Aberdeen Business School at The Robert Gordon University and Kudos – Employee Benefits as supporting sponsor.
The winners will be revealed at a spectacular awards ceremony on Thursday, 6 June at the Aberdeen Exhibition and Conference Centre, in front of a sell-out crowd of 600 people.
This year, the ceremony will be hosted by Canadian comedian and ‘Mock the Week’ regular, Stewart Francis.
Karen Reid, director, cushydoos, said: “This year we’ve been delighted to see the range of nominations continue to expand across different company types, sizes and industry sectors.
“We know that the north-east’s economy continues to perform above much of the rest of the country and with another Oil & Gas boom on the horizon, the HR, training and recruitment industries have such an important role to play in the success of the area; the cHeRries are a fantastic opportunity to showcase and celebrate the brilliant range of talented people and initiatives we have here.”
The categories, sponsors and finalists are as follows:
The cHeRries Blossoming Award (Sponsored by Aberdeen Business School)
- Nikkallah Buchan, HR Coordinator, EnerMech
- Nicola Comrie, nominated by GE Oil & Gas
- Amy Don, Resourcing Adviser – Future Talent, Petrofac Offshore Projects and Operations
Extraordinary Team Initiative Award (Sponsored by Petrofac)
- People Focused Expro, Expro
- Subsea 7
- TAQA Bratani Ltd
Fantastic HR Advisor Award (Sponsored by Wood Group)
- Lucy Browne, HR Business Partner, BG Group
- Michelle Gray, HR Advisor, Stewart Milne Group
- Louise Mackie, HR Advisor, Petrofac Offshore Projects and Operations
- Jacqueline Rae, HR Advisor, Cresent
- Carol Small, HR Advisor, Stewart Milne Group
Tremendous Training and Development Award (Sponsored by aaa)
- Emma West & Gail Walker, HR Business Partner (Learning & OD) and HR Team Leader, Chevron Upstream Europe
- Nicky Clark & Ted Littlechild, HR Manager and Sales and Marketing Director, EFC Group
- Susan Hudson and Mike Hudson, Learning & Development Manager and Learning & Development Coordinator, Stewart Milne Group
- The Technical Leader Development Programme, Marathon Oil
Finders Keepers Recruitment & Retention Award (Sponsored by DavidsonMorris)
- The AMEC Recruitment Team, AMEC
- The Sparrows HR & Recruitment Team, Sparrows Group
- TAQA Bratani Ltd
Excellent HR Manager Award (Sponsored by activpayroll)
- Bruce Christie, Head of HR – Brownfield, AMEC
- Lee Malcolm, HR Manager, Sparrows Group
- Lesley Officer, HR Manager, Entier Limited
- Nicky Clark, HR Manager, EFC Group
Outstanding HR Director Award (Sponsored by AMEC)
- Karen Bell, HR Director, Hunter Adams
- Shirley Smith, HR Director, EnerMech
Exemplary Employer of Choice Award (Sponsored by CMS Cameron McKenna)
- ACE Winches
- The Aberdeen Marriott Hotel
- Subsea 7
The Top cHeRy Award for outstanding contribution, sponsored by Kudos – Employee Benefits, recognises someone who plays a pivotal role in the region’s HR community. The winner will be announced on the night.