Dearest, loveliest blog readers. Do not fret.
We are alive.
Still very much alive and in fact, super busy, which is precisely the reason we’ve been so quiet on the old blog front.
Here at UP HQ, we’ve just experienced one of the busiest first quarters in our soon to be 18 years of existence. This year, we ‘ave been mostly:
- Running ‘challenging‘, ‘enjoyable‘ and ‘very well organised‘ Assessment Centres, particularly for Graduates.
- Hosting an ‘extremely impressive’ recruitment event in Newcastle, and preparing for one in Aberdeen!
- Developing some lovely supervisors
- Providing HR Support, including reviewing & updating HR Documents
- Interviewing…and lots of it!
- Searching high and low and finding great candidates
- Running an array of workshops and training sessions (delivering some of the ‘best training they had ever received’ as one lovely client said)
- Mentoring and Coaching
- Conducting Employee Surveys
- Using Psychometric Assessments
- Providing Outplacement support.
….and that is just the start of it!
On top of it all, we’ve been busy with our own internal recruitment activities. We’ve welcomed some new people (a big ‘howdy’ to Lisa, Rebecca, Laura and Nikki) and we’re pleased to see some familiar faces back in the office too (welcome back to Deirdre and Morna!).
It’s been a busy old time, but we love it and are looking forward to the 2nd quarter just as much!
We promise that normal blog service will be resumed shortly – we just have to catch our breath first!